TO KEEP YOUR BMW RUNNING LIKE THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE, ALWAYS USE GENUINE BMW OEM PARTS. ONLY BMW ORIGINAL PARTS PERFORM TO THE SPEC AND MAINTAIN THE QUALITY INTENDED FOR YOUR BMW.
LIST OF ELIGIBLE PARTS:
To receive lifetime limited parts warranty coverage, the retail consumer must have purchased any of the following eligible replacement BMW Original Parts on or after December 1, 1998:
- Shock Absorbers
- Strut Assemblies and Inserts
- New and Remanufactured Starters
- New and Remanufactured Water Pumps
- New and Remanufactured Alternators
The lifetime limited parts warranty is currently restricted to this select group of parts and applies to both BMW cars and BMW SAVs.
ELIGIBLE BMW PARTS:
- 1 to 24 months old (BMW Original Parts Warranty Coverage)
- These parts are covered by the BMW Original Parts Warranty for the first 2 years/unlimited miles.
- The repair or replacement of a defective eligible part, including labor, will be performed without charge to the customer.
- 25 months or older (Lifetime Limited Parts Warranty Coverage)
- The replacement of an eligible part is now covered under this program.
- The cost of labor to replace an eligible part is the responsibility of the customer.
This warranty does not apply to:
- Damage resulting from negligence, improper installation or lack
- of maintenance, flood, accident, or fire
- Damages resulting from modifications that alter the original
- engineering or operating specifications of the vehicle or part.
- Failure due to external influences
- Requests for warranty coverage by any person other than the original purchaser.
- Parts sold over-the-counter or wholesale and not installed by an authorized BMW center.
- If the vehicle in which the covered part is installed is used in competitive driving or racing.